In order to earn the summer incentive award, students must blog at least 15 times throughout the summer with postings in at least 2 of the 3 months: June, July, and August. The entries must be at least 5 sentences long, written in complete sentences, and follow capitalization and punctuation rules.

To post a comment, click on the title of a post to view the comment box. Once the entry is typed, choose Name/URL from the "Comment As" drop down menu. Type your first name and last initial, then click continue, leaving URL blank. You will be prompted to type a series of numbers and letters. Once that is complete, your blog entry will be emailed to me. I will approve it for posting and it will appear the next day.

Students may respond to the same question more than once.

Please contact me if you experience difficulties!


Heather Mayer
4th Grade Writing Teacher
Seele Elementary
hmayer@nbisd.org

Sunday, June 8, 2014

What do you do on a rainy summer day?

Rain, rain, go away...or rain, rain stay, stay!! Which do you prefer?

5 comments:

  1. I prefer for rain to stay. You can have so much fun in the rain! What I like doing is running through the rain, and getting soaked. Chickens have fun in the rain too, they can surf on boogie boards down the flowing stream of water on the street. Napping is a good thing to do on a rainy day, it's soothing to hear the rain hit the roof and the ground, it just makes me tired. My favorite thing to do when it's raining is sit down with a good book. All those thing are why I like rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would want the rain to stay.


















    I would want the rain to stay.You can play all day inside or out.What I like t do is play boardgames.When I play outside I run all over the place.I also go and read in a quite place.That is why i like the rain.







    ReplyDelete
  3. When it rains I want it to stay. I like playing in the stream on my street with my friend Ella. Ella lives on a street with a lot of run off water so we will sit on skateboards and the water will push us down the street. It's so fun! Also I like making a fort and read a good book. So that's how I spend my rainy days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would want the rain to stay. I love to play in the rain! I like to run around and get wet. I also like to try to splash my brother's. It's also fun for my brother's and I to see how much water can fill the umbrella up. I like to read books on rainy days too. That's how Ilike to spend rainy days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would want rain to stay. I like to play in the little river on the street and float things down it. One time my Dad's shoe was floating away. I also like to play in the puddles. I love rainy days!

    ReplyDelete