In order to earn the summer incentive award, students must blog at least 15 times throughout the summer with postings in at least 2 of the 3 months: June, July, and August. The entries must be at least 5 sentences long, written in complete sentences, and follow capitalization and punctuation rules.

To post a comment, click on the title of a post to view the comment box. Once the entry is typed, choose Name/URL from the "Comment As" drop down menu. Type your first name and last initial, then click continue, leaving URL blank. You will be prompted to type a series of numbers and letters. Once that is complete, your blog entry will be emailed to me. I will approve it for posting and it will appear the next day.

Students may respond to the same question more than once.

Please contact me if you experience difficulties!


Heather Mayer
4th Grade Writing Teacher
Seele Elementary
hmayer@nbisd.org

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Congratulations, Bloggers!

Welcome to month 3 of our blogging!  Originally, you were expected to blog 15 times over the summer, but I am going to reduce that number to 12.  A handful of you are already at 8 blogs - so you are well on your way to being considered completed with your blogging expectation.  Yeah!  I am enjoying hearing about your summer adventures and am proud of each of you for taking the time to write this summer. 

Remember you can always comment more than once on a post.
 
Invent a favorite imaginary place.  Describe the place and what you would do there. 

3 comments:

  1. I made up an imaginary place, and my place is made out of candy,jello, and cake. First , I would make a gingerbread house with all the things inside made out of candy. Then, I would invite my friends to Jello Park. My friends and I would swing on jello swings and eat our way off. Next, we would go home and have oversized ice cream sandwiches. Then, they would go home in in kit kat limo's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My imaginary place would be made of candy. It would be filled with pools of sugar. The grass would be made of candy canes. The people would be made of Sour Patch Kids. The sky would be filled with gummy bear rainbows. The best part about my imaginary place is that cavities don't exist. It would be called no cavity land!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My imaginary place would be the same world we live in right now, but everything would be made of any kind of ice cream you can think of. When you take a bite out of something it tastes like ice cream, and it grows back in one second. People will eat all day and all night. It is a good thing that everything is made of ice cream because kinds will finally eat their veggies. Everyone will be so happy in my imaginary world. The best part is that you will never get sick. Drinks are the same but it is melted ice cream. When you eat a piece of celery it tastes like mint chocolate ice cream. A rock would be rocky road ice cream. You could chew on your pillow at night and it would taste like chocolate ice cream. When you go swimming the water doesn't taste so gross because its melted ice cream you are swimming in. I love ice cream and this would be the perfect imaginary world.

    ReplyDelete