In order to earn the summer incentive award, students must blog at least 15 times throughout the summer with postings in at least 2 of the 3 months: June, July, and August. The entries must be at least 5 sentences long, written in complete sentences, and follow capitalization and punctuation rules.

To post a comment, click on the title of a post to view the comment box. Once the entry is typed, choose Name/URL from the "Comment As" drop down menu. Type your first name and last initial, then click continue, leaving URL blank. You will be prompted to type a series of numbers and letters. Once that is complete, your blog entry will be emailed to me. I will approve it for posting and it will appear the next day.

Students may respond to the same question more than once.

Please contact me if you experience difficulties!


Heather Mayer
4th Grade Writing Teacher
Seele Elementary
hmayer@nbisd.org

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Scary!

Summertime tends to be the time when we try new things and have unique experiences.  Sometimes, those events can be scary moments, whether it be walking on a high swinging bridge, snorkeling with sharks, going to camp, or riding a roller coaster.  Often, the moments before the experience are the scariest, but sometimes you THINK something will be fun, and it ends up being very frightening! Have you had any moments this summer when you felt scared or nervous?

4 comments:

  1. This summer my family and I went to Natural Bridge Caverns and did the Canopy Challenge. I was nervous at first. I did the zipline, I had butterflies in my stomach. When I got on it was so much fun. When that was over we did the ropes corse and I did all four stories. It was awesome. Then it was time to go home. I was sad, but we had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest I don't think I have done anything scary this summer. Last year I went to Dinsyland and we rode Space Mountain. If you don't know what that is it's a rollercoaster in the dark.
    but it does not go upside down. My dad was scared. That was a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At T Bar M, I did the rope courses: the Bushwacker, the zipline the Leap of Faith, and the Screamer. The Leap of Faith was scary at first because you have to climb up a telephone pole and jump onto a bar that's really for out. When I jumped, I held on to the rope because I was scared. When I came down it was really fun because it felt like floating but after that everything was fine. I really want to go back to T Bar M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing that I thought was going to be fun but turned out scary was a hike across swinging bridges. When I started the hike I didn't know the bridges would swing. The first bridge wasn't scary because it wasn't that high, but the farther you got through the hike the higher and scarier the bridges got. The first couple bridges we jumped around on. Then we started to calm down and just walk. When we were on the highest bridges we wouldn't look down and got mad when the bridge swung. The hike was long and there were plenty of bridges to be scared of. Although it was scary I had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete